W-A-T-C-H (We Are The Children of Heroes) serves the children and families of America’s fallen first responders and military heroes who have died since 9/11.
Create a network of hope & empowerment for the children and families of America’s fallen first responder and military heroes.
Prevent further trauma for families of America's fallen heroes by providing hope, empowerment, and new happy memories for their children. Show them that they are not alone in their grief by connecting them to others just like them, and who are dealing with the same life challenges. Connect them in a safe and comfortable setting, where they can open up, share their feelings, and begin to heal. Create inspirational activities and opportunities for joy, friendship, education, therapy, and communal healing.
- Provide support and resources to assist the children and families of fallen heroes in rebuilding their lives and finding purpose in life.
- Honor and remember America's fallen heroes and their sacrifices in all we do.
- Change the culture of negativity and hate directed toward America's Law Enforcement Officers……. because they, their children and families deserve better from the public. Especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice while serving the public.
- Work to reduce the number of deaths by suicide of our first responders and military personnel.
- Serve and provide support to those families left behind due to the death of their hero, (all manner of death; including line of duty, killed in action, and suicide).
WHO CAN APPLY
Families with children of fallen heroes post 9/11/01:
FIRST RESPONDER FAMILIES:
The widow/widower (or guardian) with children of a First Responder who was killed/died (post 9/11) while serving as a first responder, or who died from injuries sustained while serving as a first responder should complete the short form in the link below. Should you have questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The widow/widower (or guardian) with children of a Military Service Member who was killed/died (post 9/11) while serving in the Military, or who died from injuries sustained while serving as a member of the USA, USMC, USN, USAF, or USCG should complete the short form in the link below.
Once families are approved, we will be inviting them to participate in programs and projects that will connect them with other children/families of fallen heroes. These programs are designed to provide the children with opportunities to meet each other, have fun together, be inspired together, and heal together.
HOW TO JOIN
Sign up by accessing one of these two links and completing a simple form:
|FIRST RESPONDER Family Application
|MILITARY Family Application
|Phone:|| (833) HEAL-ALL